Our second annual Mardi Gras Co-op Grow Up, held on Friday, March 1st, 2019, at the F.O.E Aerie #1010 (Eagles Club) on River Road, was a rousing good time — and resulted in five new co-op owners!
A “Co-op Grow Up” is a party free to owners and their guests, which provides a gathering to celebrate with a meal, drinks, entertainment, and a brief presentation on cooperative ownership!
- Todd Nuzum & Jessica McQuarter who provided vegan gumbo
- Anne Boulley who provided traditional gumbo
- Anna Nuzum who provided a traditional king cake
- Brontë Miller who provided vegan cornbread
- Christina Kaczmarek who created a fun photo op booth
- Paul Bachleda and friends who provided bluegrass music
- Nichole Bartel who graciously tipped the Eagles Club bar staff on behalf of the co-op
- and to the numerous local businesses who donated gifts
Special Thanks to:
- Christa Schubert, Board Director, who organized & oversaw the whole event.
- Shannon Daoust for the decor and event planning expertise
- As well as sharing a brief history of the King Cake in the Mardi Gras tradition
- Thanks to our events committee, everyone who helped, and to all who attended!